Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ground shaking Thai massage

We had free time today after finishing work at the build site. I had my first Thai massage. It was so good! Perfect for my sore arms and my sore legs. I didn't even know my legs were that sore until she started massaging them. I'm definitely going for another massage soon. It was only $6.

After the massage, we went out to dinner. Susan and I both didn't really care too much about what we ate for dinner. I just didn't want spicy tonight. So we actually ended up buying some food or I guess more like junk food at 7 eleven. I actually really liked all the selection of stuff in the 7 eleven and it's so cheap for the snacks.

So, Susan and I were just chatting away in our room when suddenly the tv was moving and then Susan noticed the mirror was shaking and next thing I know everything's shaking. It lasted about 5 seconds. During the earthquake I realized how little I knew about what to do in the event of a serious earthquake.....Anyways, that'll be useful information to google about later. Apparently, the epicentre was in Myanmar (about 250km) from where I am right now and it was a magnitude of 6.9. That's the first time I've ever been in an earthquake and for a split second I actually thought it was windy out and that's why the hotel was shaking.

Time to say good night to another exciting day.

2 comments: