Friday, March 25, 2011

Epic Day!




This has definitely been the best day in Asia so far! It was absolutely amazing! I had so much fun. We went to the Thai Elephant Conservation Centre in Lampang. I had my very own elephant to ride on and a mahout to help me out. My elephant's name is Pang Yom and she's 61 years old. The oldest in the group of elephants. She's so nice. She's the leader of the group so I was always first in line and she's so obedient and calm.

We learned basic elephant commands, learned how to get on and off the elephant. There are several ways to get on the elephant. First way is when the elephant is lying flat on the ground and the person can climb up from the back leg up to her back and then to her neck. The second way is from her side. She'll bend one leg up and you climb up by holding onto her ear and skin on her body and jump up to her neck. The third way is my favourite way. She'll bow her head down and I jump onto her neck (kinda like leap frog) and end up sitting backwards on her neck and then I turn around to face forward. My favourite way of getting down was also similar to the last method of getting. She'll bow down her head and I slide down. Just like the picture here.


We trekked through the forests a couple of times, brought her to an area to eat grass, drink water and also to the pond to bathe and I got all wet when she laid down in the water. I had so much fun today. I love my elephant!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, she's so good!
    How awesome is that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta montar elefantes! Haha. I think u know where that's from.

    ReplyDelete