Saturday, March 26, 2011

Extra protein anyone?

The elephants were such an excitement yesterday I completely forgot to blog about this. I can't believe I ate them...uggh...I had the white ones which are like catepillars and the brown ones (in the picture behind the white ones) which are grub.


I tried the white one first. It was a bit more appealing. I actually still had a smile on my face when I was trying it. It turned out to be just very crunchy like a chip, but more "fibrous". Now the brown grub was a different story. I had trouble actually picking up the grub because I was so grossed out. It's so fat. I couldn't believe I actually did it. Honestly, not something I ever even imagined eating. But the opportunity was right there in front of me and I had to try at least once. So the brown grub was disgusting. It's a bit crunchy on the outside but when I bit into it all the squishy stuff inside squirted out....oh my goodness...so gross. So I chewed a bit more then swallowed and washed it down with water. YUCK! Though I have to say, the look on Susan's face when she bit into the grub was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment