Monday, April 4, 2011

Island Day 4

Scuba diving! I did it! I was pretty nervous (mixed with excitement) about it. But it turned out to be a lot easier than I expected. It's was amazing how I completely lost track of time when I was in the water. The moment I stepped off the boat and into the water everything happened so fast and the next thing I know I'm 12 metres under the surface. Breathing was easy, balancing and swimming were easy too. I was really nervous that I wouldn't know how to swim under water, but apparently good swimming skills aren't a needed. So we did 2 dives today. Really nice corals, big fishes, colourful fishes, spiky things, things that pop into the corals and hide when I get close. Amazing. It's like I was living in an episode of the planet earth series. In between the 2 dives we had lunch and did some snorkeling too which was lots of fun. The water is so crystal clear blue I can see fishes swimming down under even when I'm standing on the boat. This day would be ranked number 2 on my epic scale in Asia. The elephants remain number 1. I still miss my elephant, Pang Yom. Ready for a relaxing beach day tomorrow. Going to check out Bang Bao Beach and probably do some snorkeling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment