Saturday, April 2, 2011

Island day 1

So we took an 14hr overnight train last night from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. I don't know what people are talking about having to take first class, because anything less is uncomfortable. All I need is it to be clean and a spot to lie down. I took a 2nd class train which is like half the price of first class. And look someone even comes around to make my bed!

Slept well on the train and it was nice to wake up in Bangkok. Yay to 2nd class!

Then I took a 4hr bus ride to the ferry terminal to head to Ko Chang. We got the last 2 seats on the bus and it's a loveseat. Turned out to be super comfortable because I can stretch out my legs for the ride.


Finally we got to Ko Chang at 4pm and took a taxi to our hotel. What a long day of traveling. Took a walk along the streets. Ate a yummy dinner of bbq chicken, rice and veges. Oh and of course, hit the 7-eleven too. They're everywhere here! Tomorrow we head to a more quiet beach area and we'll try to get some snorkeling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment