Monday, March 28, 2011

Habitat Build Day 5

Another great day on the worksite. We finished putting up the bricks for the outside walls. Only have a few more rows for the inside walls which will get done tomorrow. I helped dig the hole for the septic tank. The concrete tanks were placed in by the boys and then I helped fill in the hole that was dug out. It was a lot of muscles and sweat to do that, but felt great to use up some energy stored up from yesterday's lame trip to Chiang Rai, some temple and the Golden Triangle. We sat in a car for most of the day driving there and when we got there it was all touristy and pretty boring. I thought it was going to be a hike so you can imagine how disappointed I was.

So being on the worksite digging a hole and laying bricks was way more exciting for me. I actually stood up on scaffolding today! The other day I was just sitting on it, but today I had to reach higher and standing on it was quite hard. I had the makeshift scaffolding which was just a few planks of wood on two metal beams so there's quite a lot of bounce to it when the other person was moving on the scaffold.


Oh watched a Muay Thai fight two nights ago. It was interesting. I didn't really know what was going on, but I'm glad I had the experience of watching a fight.

Every Sunday Chiang Mai has a huge night market aside from the regular night market they have every night and it was awesome. There's like 3 streets packed with stands of clothes, food and trinkets to buy. Bought some little souvenirs to bring back with me.

I've been having such a great time on this Habitat trip I don't want it to end. Only a few more days in Chiang Mai!

1 comment:

  1. metal on the scaffolding sounds pretty sturdy :)
    missing you lots bb!

    ReplyDelete